JOBS at Jemm Ventures:
We are seeking an entry level Investment Analyst / Associate (Pre-MBA) in our Venture Capital practice. The position is part time and can evolve into a full time position. The Associate will work closely with the Managing Directors and client portfolio managers to assist with due diligence of potential private market investment opportunities, financial modeling, portfolio monitoring and evaluation.
Conduct due diligence on investment opportunities across an array of sectors across Silicon Valley and Israel geographies.
Work with Managing Directors, other team members and advisors, and independently to source new investment opportunities. Channels for sourcing will include, but not be limited to, attending conferences, blogs and social media, scheduling and fielding calls with prospect companies, and professional networking.
Build, grow and maintain collaborative relationships with peers at other venture capital firms.
Vet investment opportunities to ensure they pass certain minimum criteria.
Participate in evaluation of investment opportunities, including gathering due diligence materials, extracting data from business plans, term sheets, legal documents, etc. for the evaluation process and entering the data on prospects in the firm’s proprietary analytical framework.
Prepare draft investment recommendation documents summarizing the investment thesis and due diligence on an investment opportunity
Assist Managing Directors and team in virtually all aspects of the firm’s sourcing activities including:
- Designing and executing sourcing campaigns targeted at specific industry sectors or U.S./Israel geographies;
- Evaluating the current channels for deal flow generation and investigating methodologies and tools to enhance and optimize them further;
- Identifying prospective investment opportunities by monitoring industry sources of deal flow and data.
- Assisting with other marketing activities such as industry analyses and public relations and social media marketing approaches;
- Enhancing the firm’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system including VC industry contacts and active and prospective company targets;
Brainstorming with other members of the sourcing team to identify and test new sourcing tactics.
Work with portfolio companies to add value in key areas to include fundraising and recruiting
Participating in evaluation of investment opportunities, including gathering due diligence
Assist team in preparing variety of document and presentations including memos, proposals, and presentations in Powerpoint, Excel, and Word.
Review and generate offering materials, quarterly reports and accounting records for information.
Perform in-depth industry research.
Support marketing efforts by reaching out to clients as well as assisting in organizing events and producing marketing materials.
Assist the Managing Directors and client Portfolio Managers with related projects and initiatives.
• Bachelors degree required. Engineering/ Finance/ Economic degree.
It is a pre-MBA position.
• 1-2 years of investment experience (VC/PE, investment banking, private equity, secondaries).
• Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
• Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions.
•Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques.
• Ability to produce well designed professional looking Powerpoint presentations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Technically savvy.
Jemm Ventures is a San Francisco-based advisory firm that works with Venture Capital firms, Corporations, and Family Offices to help them find, manage, advise, and scale startups.
Compensation for this position is Salary.
Jemm Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Send resume and CV to email@example.com